Sometimes, I like my coffee with something sweet. Today is one of those days. So I scanned the kitchen and found a single, rotten banana.
Immediately, I began searching for banana bread recipes that were small enough for one banana. Turns out, there are many! I settled on a single-serve banana muffin recipe, altered it a bit and doubled it so it would make a small loaf. Then, I just had to make a sweet vanilla frosting. The result? Well, let’s just say I was able to refrain from eating the entire loaf…barely!
Mini Banana Bread Loaf (adapted from: Chocolate Covered Katie)
- 6 tbsp. flour
- about half of a banana (ripe or unripe; I usually only have unripe because I buy them and forget to eat them)
- 2 tbsp oil (I used Canola because it was all we had)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar (more or less – taste until you get the sweetness you like)
Bake at 325 for about 12-14 minutes. Be sure to spray your bread pan too!
Vanilla Frosting (adapted from: Martha Stewart)
*I used half of the original recipe
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
Mix everything together. Pour over bread. Devour in the gooey sweetness.